Returning after half-term
Letter from Mr Hyde concerning returning students after half-term.
Please note, due to an unplanned Internet outage, school will re-open on Tuesday 3rd November to all pupils.
Please see the latest website/social media updates for more information.
Dear Parents and Carers,
I am delighted to share that Waverley School will welcome all students back to school on Monday 2nd November.
Thank you to parents/carers for your support and patience with the partial closure that was implemented before the half term. Fortunately the vast majority of teachers who were self-isolating are now able to return to work and as such we will be fully open.
I do need to ask our parents/carers and children to support our rules that so far have been effective in keeping cases of Covid-19 relatively low within the school. Please review our rules below and adhere to them:
- All students in Year 7 and above must wear a face mask or covering before entering the school grounds. These must only be removed in lessons (although students are welcome to continue to wear them if they feel safer), in our outdoor spaces, and in the dining area whilst eating.
- All students must use alcohol-based hand sanitiser before entering the building and at regular intervals throughout the day.
- All parents must adhere to social distancing, maintaining a distance of 1m+, preferably 2m, from all other parents, students and staff.
- All parents must wear a face mask or covering whilst waiting to collect children from the school, whether inside the school grounds or outside the gates.
- All parents attending meetings at the school must wear face masks/coverings for the duration of the meeting. Please note, meetings must be booked in advance.
We thank you for your ongoing support and look forward to welcoming all of our students back to school safely.