16 to 19 Tuition Fund
The 16 to 19 tuition fund 2021 to 2022 academic year
The 16 to 19 tuition fund is a government initiative to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from Coronavirus (COVID-19). The funding is being provided to support small group tuition for 16 to 19-year-old study programme students in English, maths, and other courses where learning has been disrupted.
Waverley School will be providing a range of support 2021-22 including extra tuition sessions for eligible students during the academic year. Tuition sessions will be carried out remotely and via a government approved national tuition partner (NTP).
The guidance indicates that students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and/or those who have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) should also be eligible for support via this Fund. Although the funding has been allocated to support students who have not achieved a grade 5 in English and/or Mathematics by the age of 16, the support does not have to be used solely for this purpose.
Small Group Tuition
Waverley School commits to using the small group tuition funding that it has been given to mitigate against the impact of the pandemic on our study programme students. Sessions will be limited to three to five students per group and take place at home online after school hours. In certain circumstances, tuition may be on a one-to-one basis. All NTP tutors will be DBS screened.
The funds will be deployed in the following way:
- Out of hours small group tuition with an NTP tutor and or Virtual sessions, which are in addition to students’ timetabled subject sessions. Out of hours means after 4pm during the school week;
- Additional sessions during the weekend, half-term & end of term holidays;
- Bespoke support to mitigate the impact of COVID-19, this includes, but is not limited to,
- personal development skills;
- positive mental health strategies;
- exam and post-18 option preparation;
- room hire;
- transport; and/or
- Ensure students have access to the wealth of resources and support available online.