Welcome to the Business Studies Department
As a department we endorse the school’s culture of ‘Learning through Diversity’ in helping us to reach the goal of preparing our students to be tomorrow’s citizens, equipped and able to be successful at anytime, anywhere, any place and to become independent life-long learners.
In Business Studies we aim to enable every pupil to leave school with an accredited qualification. We strive to reduce the attainment gap between groups of students by making effective use of data to inform teaching and learning any by constantly developing our skills as a teaching team. All staff have up-to-date knowledge and understanding of our subject and working as a team helps us to help our students to reach their full potential. We play a key part in developing skills that will prepare students’ workplace skills which in turn will contribute to their economic wellbeing. Our curriculum contextualises learning through the use of real life situations and problem solving scenarios. Our students develop personal qualities such as the ability to work effectively in teams.
- We aim to achieve the highest student achievement which is our central purpose of teaching and assessment
- We provide opportunities and feedback for students to improve work.
- We aim to help the students to develop a range of skills including personal learning and thinking skills to provide the best opportunities for students to develop.
- Students will be provided with the use of technology and resources
- Students are supported through their studies, use of extra-curricular support and drop in sessions after school.
- Ensure that students are challenged and stretched within the lessons
- Give our students the opportunity to develop their skills and explore a wider learning context.
- Students can go out into the world of work with the attributes necessary to be successful
- Our students will be entrepreneurial, independent learners, confident presenters and strong team players.
- We aim that our students will meet the aspects of Social, Moral Spiritual and Cultural through their learning
- We aim that our students will follow the ethos of the values of the school’s H.E.A.R.=
Students can visit the Edexcel website: www.edexcel.com.
They can also find out what is happening in the world of business by watching programmes such as: The Apprentice, Dragons’ Den or visiting the BBC Bitesize website