Our post 16 curriculum prepares our students for a route to study at the UK's best universities, take on apprenticeship pathways or training opportunities for successful employment prospects. The sixth form curriculum is designed to meet the skills need both locally and nationally, equipping our students with depth in knowledge and breadth so that they are confident in their next steps into higher education or training. We have a range of A Level subjects combined with vocational courses that enable our students to choose learning packages that are valued across the country.
‘Curriculum’ is broadly defined as the ‘totality of pupil experiences that occur in the educational process’.
The intent of our curriculum is synonymous with our Trust vision statement.
We only have one intent statement as we believe the journey for our students begins in Reception and builds through to Year 11 and for an increasing number to Year 13:
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum that is accessible to all students.
- To allow opportunity to specialise their learning and development following subject that are well matched to student ambitions during the final years of their education.
- To ensure all students develop a high level of literacy and numeracy required for success in adult life.
- To broaden students’ horizons through a range of spiritual, moral, social and cultural opportunities.
- To develop students personal and social education and awareness
- To promote health and wellbeing for all students
- To promote British values to enable them to become effective and successful members of society
- To ensure that all students understand how to stay safe in all aspects of their lives.
- To develop our core values of humanity, equality, aspiration and respect that will help students to overcome the challenges they are likely to encounter in adult life.
- To provide an appropriate range of opportunities and experiences to allow students to succeed in the next stage in their education, training or employment.
- To provide opportunities for all students to benefit from careers advice and guidance to allow them to be aspirational for their futures and in possession of the key information required to enter their chosen profession.
- To provide exciting opportunities to learn beyond the classroom through our extra-curricular offer, trip and visits.
- Business studies
- Religious Studies
- English Literature
- Computer Science new for 2022
- Sport studies new for 2022
- Art new for 2022
- French new for 2022
Vocational L3 Subjects
- IT Extended Certificate
- Health and Social Care
Other Super Curricular
- Extended project qualification
- Massive Open Online Courses
- Work Experience
- First Aid Certification
- Mentoring opportunities
- Sports coaching and fitness
- Financial Skills
Applications can be made online via this website
311 Yardley Green Road