We believe English Key Stage 3 (Year 7, 8 & 9) should very much behave as a skills-building approach to reading, writing and oracy. Our aim is to ensure all pupils are confident, critical and cultured in their ability to respond to, and create non-fiction and fiction texts, so that they have a rich foundation for tackling the demands of the key stage 4 English curriculum.
Modules studied are:
- Literacy Scheme of Work & Prose
- Poetry of Prose (Horror - Screams through time)
- Novel study
- Creative writing - anime
- The Young Reporter & Poetry
- It's all Shakespeare to me
- Literacy and Creative Writing - Anime
- Sherlock Holmes - The Speckled Band/The Hound of the Baskervilles
- Fractured Fairytales
- Poetry from different Cultures
- Non-fiction Analysis
- To be or not to be...