Our values and vision
Our vision for Waverley School ensures that we create an environment that allows all learners to flourish by encouraging mutual respect:
- Everyone will realise and achieve their potential
- We are the centre of the community and have the responsibility for its learning
- We will develop opportunities that will provide for the social and economic well-being of our community
- We value the diversity of our community, the wider world, and respect the individuality of everyone.
- We will ensure everyone in our school community has an understanding of human values and attitudes, past and present. This will include how society is organised and develops
- Pupils will be empowered to succeed within a British and Global society that will equip them to be the citizens of tomorrow, anytime anywhere and any place
We support the academic curriculum through our school values:
Enabling all pupils to succeed in a global and British Society, through fostering an understanding of human values and attitudes, past and present.
We value the diversity of the school community and respect the individuality of each person to ensure that there is an equality of opportunity for everyone.
We all have the right to achieve and share the achievements (excellence) from all our backgrounds.
We value diversity and respect the individuality of each person by creating an environment which allows all to flourish through mutual respect.
Through our delivery of this vision and our school values, we believe we are effective in supporting the Waverley Education Trust core aims of:
- Laying the foundations for success
- Creating opportunities, broadening horizons
- Being creative and innovative
- Having a stimulating, pleasant and collaborative learning environment
- Putting pupils first (at the heart of everything we do)
- Learning through diversity
- To be healthy, safe and secure
- All individuals enjoy and achieve success
- Making a positive contribution to the school, community and society.
- Developing economic, social and emotional well-being.
‘Learning Through Diversity.’
At Waverley School we promote a culture of ‘Learning Through Diversity.’ We believe that education is about transforming the lives of young people so that they become successful adults, helping to deepen their understanding of human values and attitudes and developing their vision, ambition and aspirations. We also believe that it is about preparing pupils so that they gain the confidence and capacity to flourish in the British and global society of today and tomorrow. We work collectively to ensure that pupils are able to make carefully considered lifestyle choices, develop and maintain friendships (including the responsible use of social media and digital technology) and discover forms of work that are fulfilling, enjoying and enriching their lives through discovery, reading and culture and face the future with calm intelligence and resourcefulness.
Through our school values of Humanity, Equality, Aspiration and Respect we have created an environment that allows all learners to flourish because mutual respect is encouraged alongside a strong desire to learn. The process begins with enabling every learner to recognise and realise his or her potential and capacity to achieve, and encouraging every learner to aspire. The staff, working alongside the pupils, are actively engaged in learning as they continually improve and develop their expertise and professionalism. A climate of high expectation is actively promoted. We regularly review the work of the school so that our pupils want to take advantage of the best possible opportunities we create for them.