Students are provided with the option of which language they wish to study in Year 7, 8, & 9. Students can then choose whether to continue with that language choice in Years 10 & 11. In Year 9 (the foundation year), students are divided into higher and foundation teaching groups.
KS3 - year 7, 8, & 9
By the end of Key Stage 3 pupils will be able to talk about themselves topics relating to them using basic opinion phrases in multiple time-frames. Students will have had experience and training in the skills necessary to succeed at GCSE level. They will be able to analyse language in any format in order to respond to questions or produce required activities. Pupils are resilient, confident and innovative in the way that they employ these learnt skills both in lessons and outside of the classroom.
Modules studied are:
- Mi vida (My life)
- Mi insti (My school)
- Mi tempo libre (My free time)
- Mi familia y mis amigos (My family and friends)
- Mi ciudad (My town)
- Mis vacaciones (My holidays)
- Todo sombre mi vida (All about my life)
- A comer! (Let's eat)
- Qué hacemos? (What do we do?)
- Operación Verano (Operation summer)
- Listening, speaking, reading, writing and translation
- Asking & answering questions
- Social and cultural context
KS4 - year 10 & 11
By the end of Key Stage 4 pupils will have developed their expression and understanding to include a number of more abstract topics, making reference to opinions of others as well as their own. They will be able to justify arguments and interact spontaneously with a speaker of their learnt Modern Foreign Language. Pupils will feel more confident dealing with situations outside of their comfort zone and be more willing to rise to the challenges that being a global citizen produces.
Themes studied are:
- Identity and culture
- Local area, holiday, and travel
- Future aspirations, study, and work
- International and global dimension